New Feature Recommendation

righteouskill100

New Feature Recommendation

Post by righteouskill100 »

wanted to post a couple of feature recommendations.

1) Download throttle limit - I find that when I start downloading, I end up saturating my network between downloading the video from the camera and watching streaming content. (such a first world problem :lol: )

2) Specify a specific time frame when the system can check and download unless the user presses the "check now" button. i.e. the system can only check for content between 9PM and 4AM or something like that. I figure item 2 is probably easier to code then item 1 and at least in my case, would solve the same issue.
Glenn
Site Admin

Re: New Feature Recommendation

Post by Glenn »

Ok. Thanks.

Can give them some thought.

Find it strange that you can max out wifi network - given the very limited speed of the camera’s wifi connection? You sure that is what is up?

&
Issue with that will be those that have limited battery life of connected cameras do need download to start straight away. If time limited - for this scenario (probably most common?) a lot of the time camera will be dead/out of battery…

3/
Other option may be to have dedicated SSID Wifi Network for camera’s alone?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
righteouskill100

I thought so too but it was the only thing I could think of. When not downloading, everything is smooth while watching youtube videos, then when it starts to download, about 20 videos in to the download youtube starts to buffer and I have to drop the quality. I then usually check and Blackvue is downloading at 10MB/s and youtube is trying to pull video at the same rate. theoretically that shouldnt saturate anything but it is the only thing I can think of.
Glenn
Site Admin

Post by Glenn »

Double check you aren’t uploading to cloud from the blackvue camera at the same time?

Also would check whether local network traffic is affecting or just internet - because does seem odd….

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
righteouskill100

Did some more digging, looks like it is something with my 5ghz wifi, seems to bog down to 30Mbps for no apparent reason, hardlines still move near gig speeds. I think I have a workaround involving putting my firestick on hardwire instead of wifi