GPS Auto Process Data

employeeno1169

GPS Auto Process Data

Post by employeeno1169 »

Just curious if there is a way to Auto Process the GPS Data at the end of every day. I am trying to set these up for my work vehicles and I find if I have things automated it happens.. It would be nice to auto Process the data then I can script up a move script to just simply move the previous days data into its own folder for records.
Glenn
Site Admin

GPS Auto Process Data

Post by Glenn »

Hi

The gps data is processed when finished downloading. The issue is at some times BVD may not get all the days data at once; so it updates these files as there is data. Even if that days data is received 5 days later for example. In this example
If the camera has a lot of storage and does not return home for a few days. Hence BVD can’t really tell when the day is completely done.

BVD creates KMZ day name files in the tracking folder for each car. These are already processed. However they may be added to as more data is received.

If you Install (free) Google earth and double click these files it will display the tracking data, along with speed as per BVD website/YouTube video. It will show a very easy to review graph of speed for example.

Not sure what you mean by ‘Autoprocess?’.
The individual gps files get deleted after 21 days leaving only the name dated ‘processed’ Kmz files (which contain all the data). These sit in the Tracking folder for the camera forever (until manually deleted).

Glenn
employeeno1169

Re: GPS Auto Process Data

Post by employeeno1169 »

Sorry I found exactly waht you are saying, I was under the impression that it was only processing all of the data points when I clicked the process GPS data button, I have a few more days with it now and I really like alot of the featurs and they way you have it set up. No I just need to figure out this video clips of only 1 min, has to be a setting in the camera somewhere.
Glenn
Site Admin

GPS Auto Process Data

Post by Glenn »

Good to know. The button (i recall) processes all data available. Rather than just last 3days after download finished.

Re: 1 minute clips
Can set in camera up to 3 minutes I believe.

If you use the Blackvue app to view (just adjust the folder selected away from Sd-card to your download directory) it plays the files back-back fairly easily. Certainly the best way to look at 1/2 hour footage or so.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
H.256

Post by H.256 »

Running version 4.9.7
My Max speed display does not work anymore. It shows Max Speed: Unknown.

I think it has to do with the processing of the GPS data. My DR900X Plus - When it processes, I can see .kml files being created in the Tracking folder, but once it finishes, the .kmz files are only 2K in size. I have another dash camera (900S2) that has .kmz files that are larger. This displays Max Speed correctly.
Last edited by H.256 on Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Glenn
Site Admin

Post by Glenn »

Ok.
I’ll have a look.
What version blackvue and what version/firmware software is your camera on?

I can confirm still running correctly on DRX900 firmware 1.008 and BVD 4.9.7.

H.256

Post by H.256 »

My DR900X Plus is running firmware 1.000 (not working)
My 900S2 is running firmware 1.014 (working)
Running app version 4.9.7
Glenn
Site Admin

Post by Glenn »

Thanks

It’s possible the DR900X Plus differs from the DR900XCh2 models in how it handles GPS data. Or that is a later firmware difference. There are a few firmware releases after 1.000 (up to 1.05 I believe)

I would update the firmware off the DR900X Plus and see if returns to usual function.

If not…
If can send a number of GPS files to me (at) gizmocoding.com email that would be great and will see what difference is.

H.256

Post by H.256 »

I know it worked at one point. I will update the camera's firmware and see if that fixes it.

In looking at the GPS files, some of them are 0 bytes in size, will that cause an issue? There are other gps files that have data in them.
Glenn
Site Admin

Post by Glenn »

H.256 wrote:I know it worked at one point. I will update the camera's firmware and see if that fixes it.

In looking at the GPS files, some of them are 0 bytes in size, will that cause an issue? There are other gps files that have data in them.
Thanks.

The DRX900 models changed firmware reporting - it’s possible the the Plus model didn’t.

The 0 byte files are expected - essentially just copies everything of camera - these exist when no new GPS data (no signal in garage etc.)

Update the firmware- hopefully that will bring in to line with the other DRX cameras.

If not email a bunch of zipped GPS files and will see what is up.

Glenn