combine video files for date

employeeno1169

Post by employeeno1169 »

Id there a way I can combine the video files by data so that its not just a bunch of 1 min video clips? IE I would like it to have the entire day as one video file? Im still in the first 6 days of testing and Im about to purchace the app I love it but Im trying to automate this as much as possible for backups
Glenn
Site Admin

Post by Glenn »

Not with this app.

I think there are a few scripts around that might do something similar.

Issue’s will be:

Will use a lot more HDD space whilst it’s working.
May use a reasonable amount of CPU depending whether can get away with just stitching files together (sometimes hard depending on nature of the files, codecs etc.)
Would loose all the events/impact, emergencies etc - all would be lumped together
If there is a file error would likely loose the whole day.
Would loose any compatibility with current Blackvue playback app - which is currently works well from the current download folder.

For these reasons don’t think it would be even an optional extra for this app.

Glenn

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
TonyBerry

Re: combine video files for date

Post by TonyBerry »

All of Glenn's points are valid and a genuine argument NOT to combine the files.

If you accept the drawbacks outlined above, but still want to proceed, the easiest way to combine them is via a simple Windows CLI command which you could certainly wrap a script around: copy /b video1.mpg+video2.mpg+video3.mpg video-allday.mpg