Confused about WiFi

musson

Confused about WiFi

Post by musson »

Hi, Just got a DR900S 2 ch.

Was looking at your software and wondering how to get the dash cam on my home WiFi.

The one example on this forum says you have to connect to the Cloud service. Somewhere else I read this program doesn't need the Cloud service.

The only way I can give the dashcam a static IP (DHCP reservation) is to connect to my home WiFi. Also to transfer data to a computer it would need to be on my home WiFi.

Is there some kind of setup guide?

Thanks!
Glenn
Site Admin

Confused about WiFi

Post by Glenn »

Hi

Sounds like you have it mainly sorted. The reference to cloud is only in relation to the Dashcam Settings page - called 'cloud'

There is no internet/Cloud needed and in fact could block dashcam from accessing internet once connected to local network if so desired.

Essentially you need your dashcam to connect to your home wifi network.
To enable this within the dashcam you give it details of your home wifi SSID/password - these are within the 'Cloud settings' on dashcam.
That is the limit of the 'Cloud' involvement.

Once the Dashcam connects to local network, it will continue to do automatically once in range.
Hence the importance of a static IP address.

Blackvue Downloader, will connect to this static IP and downloading the footage/gps, create tracking data as and when the camera becomes available.

Glenn
musson

Re: Confused about WiFi

Post by musson »

Thank you sir.
Glenn
Site Admin

Post by Glenn »

musson wrote:Thank you sir.

No problem.

In fact your question has made me realised that probably an advantage to block the Dashcams IPs internet access from router level.

This appears to have speeded up my local transfers and suspect there was some dashcam-> internet communication that was happening.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
musson

Post by musson »

Another small problem.

I have the camera connected to the WiFi, I can ping it.
When I open a browser to the IP address it says "Blackvue".
I can see the live feed on the Blackvue phone app.

However Blackvue Downloader is getting stuck here:
2019-12-27 10:41:22,678 INFO [0] [07009c8f-4dd4-443d-842e-04b42311c9df] dashcamMainloop Unable to currently get File List from Dashcam IP:192.168.200.118
Glenn
Site Admin

Post by Glenn »

musson wrote:Another small problem.

I have the camera connected to the WiFi, I can ping it.
When I open a browser to the IP address it says "Blackvue".
I can see the live feed on the Blackvue phone app.

However Blackvue Downloader is getting stuck here:
2019-12-27 10:41:22,678 INFO [0] [07009c8f-4dd4-443d-842e-04b42311c9df] dashcamMainloop Unable to currently get File List from Dashcam IP:192.168.200.118
Hmmm. That’s potentially a big problem...

Possible your wifi range, connection is at limit and is timing out on exchanging the file list. Or is possible something else is going on..

http://192.168.200.118/blackvue_vod.cgi

What do you get with the above in browser box?

Can you PM me a debug log with a few ‘check now’ button presses?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk